Period of the event: july - september
Duration: 12 hours
Number of tourists in the group: from 4 people
In 70 km in a straight line from the town of Kamchatka on the high Gorelinsky dole (1000 m) there is an active volcano Gorely (1829 m), which is a geological monument of nature. The age of the volcano is impressive: it is about 38-40 thousand years old.
The volcano is a ridge-like array of cones merged with each other, rising from an ellipsoid caldera, measuring 9x14 km., of various preservation, size and shape. Absolutely unique is the collection of various craters (11) on its top part. In the east there is the largest and most beautiful crater filled with an unusually beautiful acid lake of blue color, with a diameter of 500 m and a depth of 200 m.,
About 6 thousand years ago, the eruption of the VLK. The burnt ones were explosive in nature. During the historical period, about 50 eruptions were recorded. The last gas eruption began in 2010 and lasted three years.
- Departure by cross-country vehicles to the foot of Gorely volcano (3-4 hours)
- Arrival to the slope of the volcano. Preparing for the ascent
- Walking tour to the volcano craters (6 + 6 km). The ascent and descent takes 5-6 hours.
- Snack on the top. Return to the camp. Lunch (lunch boxes)
- Transfer to P.-Kamchatsky.
You must have with you:
- wind-moisture-proof jacket with hood;
- trekking shoes (high-top sneakers);
- replacement shoes;
- cotton gloves;
- sun protection cream;
- small backpack for climbing 30-50 liters;
- photo and video equipment;
- spare batteries.