Period of the event:July - september
Duration: 12 hours
Number of tourists in a group:from 4 people
Mutnovsky volcano is one of the oldest volcanoes in Kamchatka.
It is a geological monument of nature and is partially located on the territory of a natural park included in the UNESCO World Natural and Cultural Heritage List in the nomination "Volcanoes of Kamchatka".
The route passes through picturesque passes past the volcanoes Vilyuchinsky and Gorely, then along a high-altitude plateau and cosmic beauty valleys of stone, volcanic sand and snow.
Mutnovsky volcano is a structure formed by four merged cones.The total diameter of the complex eight-shaped crater is 5 km. On the western side there is a crater – an active funnel, which is the main place of modern activity of the volcano.
The fumarole fields of the Mutnovsky volcano are one of the most powerful in the world. Steam emissions, mud boilers, mineral formations, sulfur domes, fantastic volcanic landscape - put this place on a par with the best volcanic manifestations of the world. The volcano is unique in that it allows people to easily see an active volcano from the inside!
The Vulcan River, cutting through the bottom and western walls of the northern crater, forms an 80-meter waterfall at the exit from it, and below it forms a deep canyon – a Dangerous Ravine. The depth of the canyon is at least 120 m. The waterfall for many years knocked out a deep funnel, the bottom of which was occupied by a glacier. The canyon and waterfall give the volcano an aesthetic value and, along with other criteria, place it among the monuments of nature of world significance.
- Early departure by cross-country vehicles
- Off-road transport to the volcano (120 km).
- Snack. Briefing.
- Climbing the Mutnovsky volcano. Excursion to the crater of the volcano, to fumarole sites, mud boilers, crater lake.
- Lunch (lunch boxes) on the slope of the volcano.
- Descent through the ravine is Dangerous, with an excursion to the waterfall (80 m) in the canyon is Dangerous
- Departure to P.-Kamchatsky.
You must have with you:
- thermal underwear or t-shirt;
- fleece or sweater;
- wind-moisture-impermeable trousers and jacket;
- preferably with a hood;
- high waterproof shoes (rubber boots with a liner insulation or warm socks, or waterproof trekking boots with gaiters are suitable);
- knitted hat, preferably buff or multibandana;
- ski masks or sunglasses;
- sunscreen required;
- small backpack for personal belongings;
- spare socks.