The period of the tour: may– october
Type of travel: boat trip
Duration: 5-6 hours
Number of people in the group: 11 people
In order to fully experience the charm of Kamchatka, you should definitely go on a sea tour of one of the most beautiful bays in the world – Avachinskaya Bay. During the tour you will see the main attractions of the bay: the rocks "Three brothers", "Devil's finger", "Grandmother's finger", numerous bird bazaars of the island of Old Men.
The Three Brothers Rocks are a regional landscape monument of nature, which has become a kind of symbol of Avacha Bay and Petropavlovsk.
These are three basalt rocks standing in the water at the entrance to the Avacha Bay, or, as they say in Kamchatka, at the gate. During the tour you will be told the legend of the three brothers....
Starichkov Island is a world–famous zoological monument of nature in the Pacific Ocean, with an area of 0.5 sq. km., created to preserve bird markets and create conditions for peaceful nesting and breeding of birds. It is located in the southern part of the Avacha Bay of the Pacific Ocean, 12 km away. from the entrance to Avacha Bay.
The island is named after the bird "Old Man", listed in the Red Book.
There are 44 breeding colonies of ten species of marine colonial birds on the island: moika, Pacific gull, Bering cormorant, red-faced cormorant, kaira, Pacific puffer, old man, hatchet, ipatka…According to some estimates, the total number of birds living here exceeds 50 000!
The island is surrounded by coastal reefs and rocks. In the sea near its shores there are picturesque kekurs Sentry and Sentry, on the latter a pair of rare white-shouldered eagles annually hatch chicks.
- Meeting at the sea station. Boarding the boat. Going to sea
- Transition to the "Three Brothers" cupcakes
- Exit to the Pacific Ocean, transfer to about. Starichkov, observation of seal rookeries and bird bazaars
- Transition to b. Quiet, exciting fishing
- Lunch on board: fish soup, seafood snacks, sandwiches, sweets, tea/coffee, fresh crab
- Return to the sea station;
The price of the tour includes:
- boat rental;
- meals according to the program;
- staff services;
- fishing tackle, bait;
- wind-moisture-proof jacket, gloves, hat;
- photo and video equipment;
- pills for motion sickness (for example, "Dramina").