Period of the event: july - october
Duration: 9 o'clock
The Vachkazhets mountain range and its surroundings are one of the most beautiful places of pristine Kamchatka nature. It is a geological monument of nature, part of the Yuzhno-Bystrinsky ridge. It is located 80 km from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The name of the mountain came from the ancient word of the indigenous Itelmen "Uachkagach", which means "Flowing from the stone ridge". This place is considered by Itelmen to be a place of power.
Vachkajec is an extinct volcano. During the ancient strong eruptions, which were explosive in nature, the craters collapsed, leaving huge circuses.
Vachkazhets was divided into three parts: the town of Summer Transversal (1417 m), the town of Vachkazhtsy (1 500 m) and the mountain itself Vachkazhets (1556 m). Their peaks, formed by the walls of former destroyed craters, are connected by narrow mountain isthmuses. The peaks are almost always shrouded in snowfields and glaciers.Now in one of these circuses (basins in the form of an amphitheater) we can admire the most beautiful glacial lake "Tahkoloch" (450 m. above sea level). A river of the same name flows out of it, flowing down in the form of a cascade of waterfalls that form a unique ecosystem around themselves with reservoirs and forests, tundras and swamps.
A variety of animals live here and plants listed in the Red Book are represented: venus slipper, fern lunokuchnik and kostenets, geranium volosistotsvetkovaya..
This is an amazing place of beauty and tranquility, where it is so easy to merge with nature into a single whole and feel incredible freedom ...
- Departure by cross-country vehicles to the mountain Vachkazhets.
- Arrival to the picturesque lake Tahkoloch. Preparation for the walk, instruction.
- Walk to the waterfalls past the lake, climb to the plateau to a small river, which forms a waterfall.
- Return to the car. Lunch (lunch boxes) Rest.
- Transfer to the base with thermal springs, swimming
You must have with you:
- wind-moisture-proof jacket with hood;
- trekking shoes (high sneakers) or rubber boots;
- bathing accessories;
- sun protection cream;
- photo and video equipment;
- spare batteries.