Period of the event: july - october
Duration: 9 o'clock
Another interesting phenomenon that can be seen in Kamchatka is lava caves. Lava caves are very different from ordinary caves formed by water. About two thousand years ago, during the eruption of the volcano, a burnt lava flow formed extensive stone fields to the north of the volcano.
The ancient lava of Gorely was very liquid. They managed to freeze on the surface, and under the upper crust the lava continued to flow. As a result, lava flowed out from inside the formed pipe, and the remaining walls formed lava caves.
The maximum size of the site with caves is less than 1.5 km, while the total length of the stream is 15 km. The longest of the caves is 140 m, and the shortest is 16 m–
Gorely volcano is characterized by high and wide open grottoes – the result of the complete destruction of significant sections of caves. You will see this beauty and really feel the breath of the earth.
- Departure to the volcanic plateau at the foot of the VLK. Gorely, 80 km. (3.5 hours)
- Excursion, moving to caves, visiting cave grottoes
- Lunch (lunch boxes)
- Moving to hot natural springs, swimming
This tour can also be combined with a visit to the most beautiful waterfall.
You must have with you:
- wind-moisture-proof jacket with hood;
- trekking shoes (high-top sneakers);
- sun protection cream;
- photo and video equipment;
- spare batteries.